Local Agency Formation Commission LAFCO
The Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Tuolumne County was established by state law in 1963 to discourage urban sprawl and encourage the orderly formation and development of local agencies.
LAFCO is responsible for coordinating logical changes in local government boundaries including annexations and detachments of territory, incorporations of cities, formations, consolidations, merges, and dissolutions of special districts, as well as reviewing was to reorganize, simplify and streamline government structure.
LAFCO is comprised of six (6) members
- (2) Board of Supervisors
- (2) City Council (appointed by City Council)
- (1) General Public Member (appointed by other members of LAFCO)
- (2) Special District Representative
Regular Scheduled Meetings
- Meeting Date: Second Monday of the Month
- Meeting Time: 4:00 p.m.
- Meeting Location: Currently held using the Zoom platform; Zoom participation information can be located in Agenda Packets for each specific meeting date.
- Quincy Yaley - QYaley@co.tuolumne.ca.us
- Taryn Vanderpan - TVanderpan@co.tuolumne.ca.us
Links to Additional Information
- Agenda Center for Agenda's and Minutes
- Subscribe to Agenda Center for Agenda and Minute Update Notifications
- Web-based Committees Application and Printable Application