Groveland CSD-Water Distribution & Wastewater Collections System Operator I. Must register for Distribution I certification within first six months. Must have basic computer skills, mechanical aptitude, and be able to lift 70lbs.
Application Deadline: June 19, 2015 by 4pm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in both an office and outdoor environment. The following working conditions can be expected: variations in temperature; some exposure to dust, oils, and mechanical and electrical equipment; possible exposure to chemicals suspected of causing cancer; exposure to raw and treated wastewater that may contain pathogens; continuous contact with other District staff and some contact with the public.
- Water meter installation and reading
- Check safety precautions and maintain safe working conditions
- Keep accurate records and logs for submission of operations reports and input data into the plant computer systems
- Asset/Inventory Control duties
- Operate a computer and office equipment
- Read, interpret, and adjust gauges, recording devices, and other monitoring equipment associated with systems operations
- Maintain accurate logs, records, reports, and charts
- Heavy physical labor performing underground infrastructure repair and installation
Basic Entry-Level Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid and current California Class C Driver’s license
- Background Check
- Willing to work weekends and unusual hours
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Neat appearance
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Pass drug and physical test